HV Tribe CrossFit – CrossFit Compete
Warm-up (No Measure)
3 rounds @increasing intensity on each round
2 minutes Row or Bike
25’ Bear Crawl (There is no movement at all at the spine)
5/5 Dead bug (Hold every rep for 3 seconds)
B1. Soft tissue mobilisation
With a barbell, a foam roller or a LaCrosse ball
B2. PNF hamstring stretch
– 5 seconds contraction, pushing against the band with your foot
– 5 seconds stretch, pulling your foot back with the band
5/leg Face up Chinese plank + Knee drive
10 Hollow body rocks
5 Deep Squat Muscle Snatch
10 Arch rocks
5/leg Deficit Front Rack Lunges @45lbs plate for the deficit
A: Metcon (Time)
Running Clock for 4 sections
9-7-5 Clean @205/155lbs
21-15-9 GHD Sit-ups
Goal: Heavy barbell cycling capacity
– Clean: We continue to increase the weight on the barbell. Your goal is to perform fast singles. You can either perform Power or Squat reps.
GHD Sit-ups: Keep your core braced at the bottom.
B: Metcon (Time)
Points of performance:
– Snatch: Aim for fast singles here too.
Ring Muscle-ups: Do not reach failure. In other words, always stop before you struggle. Your goal here is to perform every rep with good form.
C: Metcon (Time)
5-3-1 Rope Climbs (Regular)
12-9-6 Thrusters @155/105lbs
Points of performance:
– Rope Climb: Your goal is to jump back on the rope as quickly as you can between reps.
Thrusters: Challenge yourself to go for unbroken sets.
D: Deadlift (3 x 3 @85%)
Goal: Increase your post chain strength.
We continue with the Deadlift progression by increasing the load by 2%.
Points of performance (same as last week):
– Create tension before lifting the bar off the ground
If everything is connected before you lift the bar, the energy transfer from the force you apply against the ground will be transferred to the barbell a lot better. On the contrary, if you pull the bar and something does not move with everything else, you’re losing energy and therefore efficiency. Think about the chain of a bike. If you start from a static position with your bike and the chain is loose, there will be a moment before you are able to create force against the pedal. If there is no loose at all in the chain, then you will be much more efficient when you start applying force against the pedal.
– Control every eccentric phase
The eccentric phase is the position of the lift you can use the most to improve your strength.
E: Metcon (Weight)
3 x 12
Rest 60-90 seconds between sets
Goal: Lower Back decompression
The belt Squat is a great exercise to train your legs while helping you recover. The great things about this exercise are:
– It doesn’t put load on your shoulders or spine at all
– It creates traction out the spine.
– The core is no more a limiting factor
– Because the weight is pulling your lower back down, it corrects pelvic tilt.
A: Metcon (Distance)
On the machine of your choice or Run
4mins @RPE 8/9
2mins @RPE 8/9